Sunday, August 25, 2013

Humbled, Naturally.

I have to laugh at myself, because just after I am most anxious and start to calm down, thinking I've got things as "figured out" as they're going to get, God enters in and says 'HEY. I love you. Here's how and why. Remember me.' For those of you who knew me and my faith life before I went to Rwanda, you probably heard me say how "crazy" it was that I kept hearing and seeing Proverbs 3:5-6 everywhere I went leading up to the trip. You'd know that, despite the verses' general "fame", it meant something particularly special to me and stuck in my mind. So, naturally, God decided to bring it to my attention in church this morning, right before I leave on this big grand adventure, and after I had convinced myself that a phone call from my boyfriend in the middle of the night was sufficient to carry me through the next few months (although I am very thankful for him and the conversation). After we'd just finished singing "Overcome" ("by the blood of the lamb / and the word of our testimony / everyone, overcome") and "Victor's Crown" ("You wear the victor's crown / you overcome, you overcome), the pastor reads,

Trust in the Lord your God
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your path straight.

God is good. That's all I'm gonna say. Here we go.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you God, for all you do for my baby girl (and me).

    ReplyDelete