Monday, November 11, 2013

Poems

Oh yeah, that thing called writing that I love to do. I forgot all about it (basically) until I got a message from Firethorne today saying they accepted one of my poems for the fall issue. I haven't really written any poems since I've been in Japan--I think three, maybe?--but you can find them here (if you're interested):

http://writelikeright.deviantart.com/gallery/

And this is the poem that will be published soon:

For Years and All That's Gone

A yellow smile in the moon
among the wicked, winking stars
brings me to my knees like
a soft-sounding bird on the sky,
swallowing you whole
in the midst of a love song.
Oh bright bane of hate and
wrongdoing, kiss your heart with
mine and tell the world
we belong; I'll swim in yours
for years, and all that's gone.



The lines breaks might be slightly different--I don't recall at the moment--but yeah.

Also, in case you didn't guess, today was better than yesterday. Always when nice people "force" me to speak Japanese do my days improve...although my eyesight's getting bad again. This is what happens when I study a lot and my body gets stressed and such. *Sigh*. Such is life I guess. For now.

Expect another post next week. Or maybe I'll keep up with the shorter, random posts.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment